This year's winter is more like early spring, but it can still surprise us. Here are a handful of curiosities that will tell you how lynx cope with difficult conditions:
- the main food of lynx are deer, these ubiquitous ungulates are most often chosen for prey by these predators,
- during the rearing period, female lynx can kill more than one victim and later use them alternately, this is due to the maintenance of a constant supply of food for the reared kittens,
- in the winter, the way of hunting and the number of victims does not change,
- smaller victims like birds or lynx hares start eating from the head, larger animals eat starting from the back,
- lynxes are not fussy eaters, they usually eat every part of the animal, except feathers or hooves.